Rhodes Kitchen Creations Candles
Welcome to Laura's Little House where you will find Bakery Style candles! All the comforts of the kitchen with zero calories! Grab a cup of tea and make yourself at home while you browse the Rhodes Kitchen Goodies!

Yummy Cakes, Pies, desserts, icecream, cookies, and more! Even though these are candles, some people don't burn them and just have them around for decoration or display. They look and smell so real, you may just want to take a bite! Contact me for special orders for your next special event!

Click here for picture gallery.


**DISCLAIMER: Please be responsible when burning Rhodes Kitchen Candles! Proper candle care and candle burning is a responsibility. Rhodes Kitchen Creations or any of its affiliates is not responsible or liable for any damage, injury or losses that result from lack of care or attention while burning a Rhodes Kitchen Candle or Tart/Melt. Your candle or tart/melt purchase from Laura Rhodes signifies your acceptance of this disclaimer policy and responsibility for proper candle burning techniques and candle maintenance. Our maximum liability will be for the amount of your purchase only. Purchasing our products signifies that you understand and accept this statement, and releases us from all liability.**

Candle & Tart Burning Instructions

Candle Burning Instructions:

Proper care of your Candle is vital for a safe, long-lasting, enjoyable candle experience. Please follow instructions carefully before burning your candle.

Use the following care tips to ensure safe, enjoyable, and longer burning times:

•Trim the wick to 1/4 inch EVERY time before burning and keep wick centered.
•Always burn candle until wax has liquefied to the edge of the jar. This creates a proper scent pool and will help prevent your candle from tunneling (burning down in the center).
•Always burn candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
•Keep candle within your sight and never leave a burning candle unattended.
•Keep burning candle away from any combustible items.
•Keep candle out of the reach of children and pets.
•Keep burning candle away from drafts and vents.
•Extinguish candle if it smokes, flickers repeatedly, or the flame becomes too high.
•Keep the liquefied scent pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
•Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room.
•Never touch or move candle until wax is completely cool and solid.
•To dispose of unwanted wax, pour the wax in a trash can or something similar. Please do not pour wax down the drain as IT WILL CLOG YOUR SINK!
•Do not burn candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
•Discontinue burning when only 1 inches of the wax remains in the container.

•Do not handle or move candle until completely cooled.

Tart & Melt Instructions:

Failure to follow these directions could result in unexpected fire hazard or personal injury. Use only in well ventilated low heat potpourri burner.
•Do not cover.
•Do not add water.
•Never heat on stove or electric appliance where temperature would exceed 190 degrees F.
•Use only in melters designed for wax tarts.
•Never leave a burning candle unattended.
All candles are a potential fire hazard. After all, they represent an open flame in your home. Please take a moment to review some candle care safety reminders that will help you get the most enjoyment from your candles.

 Always read WARNING label on the bottom of your candle before lighting.

Never leave a candle burning unattended!

To prevent fading, keep candles out of direct sunlight.

Always burn votive candles in proper receptacle, as they will burn better and longer. Put a few drops of water in your votive holder, set in candle and light. When candle is done, the remaining wax will pop right out for easier clean up.

NEVER, ever dry burn a candle.
Dry burning is when you let the candle burn down to the bottom of the container, until there is no wax left. This could over-heat the container and cause it to crack, thus resulting as a potential fire hazard in your home. In the instance of pillar candles, any previously burned wick pieces that have fallen to the bottom of the pillar could re-ignite and cause a flare-up, resulting in a fire hazard.

Proper Extinguishing - VALUABLE INFORMATION!

Ever buy a candle and after a few times of lighting it and either blowing it out or using a candle-snuffer, the candle wick won't re-light? Notice all that smoke after you've used this technique to extinguish the candle? It's because by blowing out the flame or using a candle snuffer, the inside of the wick is still burning. You can't re-light a wick that is all ash on the inside.

To prevent this, when extinguishing your candle, dip wick into the liquid wax, using a non-flammable instrument (like metal tweezers), then re-position the wick in upright position. This helps eliminate smoking and soot by thoroughly extinguishing the wick and your wick will be prepared for the next lighting.

Always keep wick trimmed to ¼" to eliminate smoking (⅛" nub for gel candles). This also allows for better fragrance throw.

Keep candles out of drafts. Drafts cause candle flames to flicker and smoke is released when the flame is disturbed, thereby causing smoking and soot buildup. It can also cause overly long wicks to spark off and float in the air, possibly landing on flammable objects.

Should a paraffin wax candle burn unevenly due to a draft, try this: Carefully push the wick towards the higher side. If this causes dripping, extinguish the flame, let cool for an hour, then re-light candle. Repeat this practice a few times and the candle will repair itself. 

Always burn your candle one hour per diameter inch of jar. For example, if you have a 4" diameter jar candle, burn 4 continuous hours, then extinguish. This "breaking in" process insures that it will perform better and burn evenly throughout the life of the candle. Never burn cracked or chipped jar candles.
Never allow a container candle to burn all the way to the bottom. The flame could cause the jar to break. Extinguish candle when it reaches 1" from the bottom or 1" above any embedded objects (sand, shells, etc.). 

If you burn your candle for over 2 hours at a time, you may develop a carbon buildup on your wick, commonly referred to as a Fragrance Mushroom. This is a friendly reminder that you have purchased a handmade, highly scented candle. If you see a carbon buildup on the wick, extinguish the candle, trim the wick to ¼" (⅛" nub for gel candles), re-light and enjoy!
Burn only on heat resistant surface. Keep from drafts. Do not burn candle when wax is less than 1" from the bottom of container. Do not touch or move candle while burning. Never leave a candle unattended. Candle may look and smell like a food product. PLEASE keep out of reach of children and pets. Keep wick trimmed to ¼" to eliminate smoking and soot (⅛" nub for gel candles).

Candle Tart burning instructions:

Wax tarts (also called melts) have no wick in them and are used for melting in appropriate tart burners, also called tart warmers, simmer pots or diffusers. Tarts are melted via tea lights. As the flame of the tea light heats the upper tray where the tart is, the tart melts and releases fragrance through it's wax pool. Electric burners are available that melt the tart through the heat of a light bulb or a metal warming plate so no flame is required. Make sure your tart burner is specifically made for tarts - some burners are only made for oil with smaller trays and melted tarts may overflow.

Tarts made from soy wax or paraffin wax will stick to your burner after they harden so they must be removed while melted - carefully pour into a heat-safe container and wipe burner clean so any remaining fragrance will not contaminate future uses.

**DISCLAIMER: Rhodes Creations/Rhodes Kitchen Candles, nor any associate thereof, is not responsible for any damage incurred from any form of misuse or negligence in the use of their products, nor are they responsible for any damage incurred from them. Please be careful with candles!**